Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

A Question

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
I have had my Stinger GT1 since last Thursday and out on it 200 miles or so.
My question is when I come to a calm and gingerly stop, the car has a bit of a rocking to it which is minor, but seems strange to me.
I understand these brakes are way different from my 13, 14 and 16 Optimas, but it just feels weird.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Rocking?

Like the suspension is rocking front to back? Side to side?

What do you mean by "rocking"

OP
Glen1023
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #3
Front to back.
I just think it is the typical movement of the cars body once you come to a complete stop.
It just seemed a bit more pronounced then my 16 Optima, but my wife’s 20 Santa Fe does it to.

Spooby

Reactions
City
Prince Frederick
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ceramic Silver Stinger GT2
Front to back.
I just think it is the typical movement of the cars body once you come to a complete stop.
It just seemed a bit more pronounced then my 16 Optima, but my wife’s 20 Santa Fe does it to.
Does this occur in all driving modes? (Sport, comfort, eco)?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Glen1023
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
I just keep the mode in Comfort, but when I initially wrote this thread I had just got the car.
Now driving it a bit more in the last 11 eleven days, I really don’t notice it during my calm and gingerly stops at lights and stop signs.
The stops and body motion like I mentioned are on par with my wife’s 20 Santa Fe Limited.
I also have to remember that my Stinger is more heftier then my 16 Optima SX-L.

Spooby

Reactions
City
Prince Frederick
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ceramic Silver Stinger GT2
I just keep the mode in Comfort, but when I initially wrote this thread I had just got the car.
Now driving it a bit more in the last 11 eleven days, I really don’t notice it during my calm and gingerly stops at lights and stop signs.
The stops and body motion like I mentioned are on par with my wife’s 20 Santa Fe Limited.
I also have to remember that my Stinger is more heftier then my 16 Optima SX-L.
Gotcha, if it continues try and see if it does it in sport mode. You can always swap out the springs for lowering springs or have the dealer take a look at it since the vehicle is still new. Doesn't sound like there's is anything seriously wrong but then again we can't feel what you're feeling in the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Glen1023
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #7
I actually had a service advisor hop in the car with me when I dropped off my car to have my rear view mirror replaced (another thread) and was like get stiffer springs which that is not going to happen.
He also took the car for a spin to recalibrate the compass and did not feel there was a problem.
Again, me just trying to learn a sports car coming out of my family truckster Optima.
The rocking I am talking about is the same sensation that you just feel coming to a stop, just now doing it with a much heavier gal.