Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Check Electronic Suspension !

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Great news. Hope it stays that way.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Update! The dealer found that the issue would be the G(gravity)-sensor. The control module cannot have the right information from the G-sensor and that's the reason why it cannot adjust the shocks for the sport mode. The G-sensor ( a kind of accelerometer) senses the movements produced by the pavement on the car body and send it to the control module to adjust the shocks rebound, etc. It's a bit weird to me as IMHO everything is different on the 4 corners. So should we have 4 G-sensors? The part was ordered. We'll see.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #23
Update! The dealer found that the issue would be the G(gravity)-sensor. The control module cannot have the right information from the G-sensor and that's the reason why it cannot adjust the shocks for the sport mode. The G-sensor ( a kind of accelerometer) senses the movements produced by the pavement on the car body and send it to the control module to adjust the shocks rebound, etc. It's a bit weird to me as IMHO everything is different on the 4 corners. So should we have 4 G-sensors? The part was ordered. We'll see.
Hope that resolves it for you.

Is your issue that there is no observable difference in sport mode? No errors or error codes?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Interesting diagnosis.
Looking forward to the updates.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Hope that resolves it for you.

Is your issue that there is no observable difference in sport mode? No errors or error codes?
If you are looking up in the thread I posted the picture with the warning I have on the dash concerning the electronic suspension. This was the trigger. In sport mode I have the same behaviour as in comfort mode. The custom cannot be altered as it returns an error. It says try again later.

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #26
If you are looking up in the thread I posted the picture with the warning I have on the dash concerning the electronic suspension. This was the trigger. In sport mode I have the same behaviour as in comfort mode. The custom cannot be altered as it returns an error. It says try again later.
I certainly hope this "G sensor" fixes the issue.
Did they give you an estimated time for the part to arrive?

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I certainly hope this "G sensor" fixes the issue.
Did they give you an estimated time for the part to arrive?
I think they don’t have any idea. They said that it depends if the part is found in Toronto or in Vancouver. They need to replace also my head unit...

OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #28
I think they don’t have any idea. They said that it depends if the part is found in Toronto or in Vancouver. They need to replace also my head unit...
Crap.

What's the story with the head unit? Is this related to the issue with the sound only coming from the center speaker ? Or something else?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Crap.

What's the story with the head unit? Is this related to the issue with the sound only coming from the center speaker ? Or something else?

Exactly. And sometimes I find the fader moved slightly to the rear. And during they searched for the suspension issue they found that the rear sway bar were loose so they changed it. I wonder if they are not searching for everything what they can change just to be paid by Kia. I don’t know how it really works the warranty affair...

Last edited:
OP
Djltoronto
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thread Starter #30
Exactly. And sometimes I find the fader moved slightly to the rear. And during they searched for the suspension issue they found that the rear sway bar were loose so they changed it. I wander if they are not searching for everything what they can change just to be paid by Kia. I don’t know how it really works the warranty affair...
Rear sway bar was loose??? That would usually cause significant noise, if it was the end links or the bushings, those are usually noisy when loose.

I have read about the fading to the rear issue from several others. But never experienced that myself.

What software version do you have?
Mine is attached.

Yan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Rear sway bar was loose??? That would usually cause significant noise, if it was the end links or the bushings, those are usually noisy when loose.

I have read about the fading to the rear issue from several others. But never experienced that myself.

What software version do you have?
Mine is attached.

I had some noise from the rear but not too much. I wasn’t sure of it so I didn’t claim. They found the loose sway by their own.
I will look tomorrow for the FW of the head unit.

mazinga

Reactions
City
Pompano Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 G70 sportt prestige
Same exact error in new 22 g70 sport prestige. Also have friends with Kia's and same issue.
This are not isoleted incidences

Attachments