Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

E-Suspension

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited AWD
I've seen some discussion about E-suspension on here - looks like most were an easy fix with replacement of the sensor. My Dealership is telling me that I need to replace a shock (not under warranty) and that it is not the sensor. The warning come on randomly and goes off when i turn off my car and restart it. I don't want to have to pay for a $1400 bill if the sensor is covered. Anyone have any insight or ideas they can offer -
I feel like a girl getting taken advantage of :(

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, take it to a mechanic that you know, if you don't know any ask one of your friends. Never trust a dealership they just want your money. I haven't heard of anyone having issue with the struts, sensors yes & unfortunately some of the dealers take advantage of women.

OP
C
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT Limited AWD
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, i just sent some information to them about the sensors and told them i am not paying for a new strut if it not needed.
i'll see what they come back with and go from there.
Thanks

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Thanks, i just sent some information to them about the sensors and told them i am not paying for a new strut if it not needed.
i'll see what they come back with and go from there.
Thanks
Can you share what the symptoms are?

What is the warning on your dash? What does it say?

Does it change the driving dynamics?