Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Ordering G70 3.3TSport tomorrow šŸ˜ hope it doesnā€™t take too long

Twister

Reactions
City
Markham
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 G70 3.3f sport
Soon to be new owner in Markham, Ontario. Spent the day looking at performance exhaust options. Anyone got any recommendations? I would love something like my Fast Intentions exhaust set up - fast cats, down pipes, and exhaust with titanium tips Where I donā€™t need to tune around CELs.

current Infiniti Q60 RS owner who fancied a brand change.

definitely getting JB 4 tuner and induction kit as Iā€™ve been running JB4 for a couple of years. Highly recommend the team at Berger Motorsport.

spider69

Reactions
City
Tempe
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
I would love something like my Fast Intentions exhaust set up - fast cats, down pipes, and exhaust with titanium tips Where I donā€™t need to tune around CELs.
If you change out your primary cats you will have to get an ECU tune. If you don't you will run into over boost problems, even with 200 or 400 cell cats. I ran the jb4 for about 11 months, car ran great but back in March I ended up getting a ecu tune which gave me 44whp more an 20wtq of useable power. At the top end there was a 80hp gain, because the stock tune starts to drop off after 5500rpm. Not taking anything away from the jb4, that's one of the best plug an play chips out..

By the way I'm a Staff Member in the Stinger forums

OP
Twister

Twister

Reactions
City
Markham
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 G70 3.3f sport
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Spider69, great advice. So I presume the ECU tune negates the need for the JB4 period? If you don't mind how much approx was your tune? I think I will probably do JB4 + Induction and cat back exhaust first depending on what an ECU Tune looks like and also if it is transparent to the dealer or not?

PS. Ordered it today so in less than 2 weeks I can get to playing with my new toy - can't wait !
Cheers Twister

spider69

Reactions
City
Tempe
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Correct, you don't need a JB4 with an ECU tune, my tune was 1078 but that was with all the dyno runs so the tune itself is 789. The way they tune your ECU is by what mods you have so if you have CAI an everything else is stock they will tune just for the intakes. If you add catback exhaust, secondary cat delete & FMIC they will have to tune it for those mods.That's why I waited to get a ECU tune so I would only need to tune it once.. If KIA in Canada uses the same computers as the USA then no they can't detect the tune unless they do a really deep dive into it or they take your car on a joy ride.

PS when you get your car, If I were you, pick up a Oil Catch Can for the PCV side of the engine. They are a must for GDI turbo engines, here's a picture pointing at it..

Attachments

OP
Twister

Twister

Reactions
City
Markham
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 G70 3.3f sport
Thread Starter #5
Thanks Spider, that was on my list given what I've read. I'll have to wait for exhaust so maybe I'll do similar to you and run JB4 for a year or so first. Can't wait, hopefully get it next week.
Cheers
Twister

OP
Twister

Twister

Reactions
City
Markham
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 G70 3.3f sport
Thread Starter #6
JB4 arrives today and pick up the car Friday - what do think on mileage before attaching induction kit and JB4?

spider69

Reactions
City
Tempe
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
I drove my car for 1000 miles, changed the oil then I bought my JB4. Brake the car in before you install it, that's my opinion, some people will disagree with me an install it as soon as you get your car.

You can install the Oil Catch Can right away & if you have Cold Air Intakes you can install those as well when you get the car..

OP
Twister

Twister

Reactions
City
Markham
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 G70 3.3f sport
Thread Starter #8
I drove my car for 1000 miles, changed the oil then I bought my JB4. Brake the car in before you install it, that's my opinion, some people will disagree with me an install it as soon as you get your car.

You can install the Oil Catch Can right away & if you have Cold Air Intakes you can install those as well when you get the car..

Thanks
As hard as it is driving in comfort mode and keeping it very Miss.Daisy like :rolleyes: Overall extremely impressed with drive and smoothness of gearbox compared to my Q60 RS.

Installed EWG wires to JB4 and its sitting there waiting until I've gotten some miles on her. May fit the CC today if its warm enough. Still waiting for CAIs as they are on back order from BMS.

tempImagekPGX2X.jpg

spider69

Reactions
City
Tempe
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Congratulations, those are great looking cars....(y)