Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Please describe how your driver's seat works?

flycaster1

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70, 2013 Cadillac ATS
I am not sure whether or not my driver's seat is working right. Rarely does it move when I get back in the car even though I move it up from its set position when leaving the car. So, what I'm asking is if when leaving your car you first move the seat up, when you get back in does it automatically move back to its set position? Mine doesn't, or at least it seems to do so only occasionally. Please describe what you are doing when the seat behaves "correctly" (like you lock the door with your fob or the handle button when leaving and you open the door with fob or button, or the seat moves to position when the door is closed and/or when the engine start button is pressed). Or, maybe it doesn't do this? I know that I posted a similar question before, but as there were know specific responses, I'm giving it another try. BTW, I will be in for servicing 11/11, but would like to be sure I have a problem.

OP
F

flycaster1

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #2
So far 10 folks have visited this thread, and none can tell me how their driver seat works?????? Come on guys, this forum is here so that we can help one another.

OP
F

flycaster1

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
So after some 40 viewers with no response to my question, am I to assume that no one knows how their power seats work?

Reactions
What I Drive
Genesis G70 2.0T
The power seats in my G70 Elite 2.0T only move when I set them in position. After that they stay in place. They do not move back to "neutral" position to allow me to leave the car easier nor do they move up to the set position when I start the car. I just read my owners manual section on the seats and how to adjust them and there is no mention of the seats moving automatically in a position.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Appreciate your reply, Cardinal. Amazingly, 130 views before a first reply to a rather simple question. A very disappointing forum when compared to many other auto forums I've been on. For years, I have used similar auto forums (BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes) to gain knowledge and information about any problems that I was having with my car. Hoping that this forum would be as informative about the G70.

I'm still confused about how the seat works because it has moved on its own when the car was started???

Reactions
What I Drive
Genesis G70 2.0T
I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help to you with this post either. Just picked up my car from it's first service and when I got in the seat automatically started moving to a position I did not set. This was after I closed the door and turned the car on. I hit the "1" seat preset and the seat went back to the position I had set previously.

I just tried something now. I went to the car opened the door and moved my seat up on without getting in. I then got in and closed the door and my seat went to the preset position I had. I think the car is designed to go back to the preset driving position when you close the door. So while you may move your seat up or back to get out of the car easier it will go back to the preset position.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help to you with this post either. Just picked up my car from it's first service and when I got in the seat automatically started moving to a position I did not set. This was after I closed the door and turned the car on. I hit the "1" seat preset and the seat went back to the position I had set previously.

I just tried something now. I went to the car opened the door and moved my seat up on without getting in. I then got in and closed the door and my seat went to the preset position I had. I think the car is designed to go back to the preset driving position when you close the door. So while you may move your seat up or back to get out of the car easier it will go back to the preset position.
OK. following your lead, I got out of the car and THEN moved the seat up. Getting back in, when the door closed, the seat DID move to its set position. I then tried a couple of other combinations, NONE of which did anything...ONLY the steering wheel moved when getting into car: 1) Move seat up before getting out of car, once with engine running, once with engine off; 2) Same as (1), but this time locking door after getting out.

As far as I can see, it is pretty stupid to have to move the seat up on entering in order to have it re-set to its set position. To me, the bottom line is that the driver's seat does not function like almost all other "luxury" cars in which on entry the seat will automatically move to its set position. CAn live with it as this is a great car, ovrall.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
I have ran several test (door open, door closed, engine on, engine off, etc) and thus far the only thing that does seem to work is when getting out of the car, first open the door and the move the seat up. When returning to the car, the seat will move back. Wish others would check this out.