Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people put down a deposit on a Kia Stinger?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Anyone in the US or North America put down a deposit yet? My dealer still has very little details.
I've emailed 7 dealers and only got a response from one, which was to say they had zero info yet and therefore wouldn't take a deposit.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I've emailed 7 dealers and only got a response from one, which was to say they had zero info yet and therefore wouldn't take a deposit.
Same boat here, called a few dealers in my area and they have no ordering information yet.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with issues ordering.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with issues ordering.
Not only that, but now I'm getting emails and calls from them about everything EXCEPT the Stinger. [?|]

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #25
Lol I made the mistake of doing that too by submitting the Kia USA form, now I'm getting emails for all sorts of products and service promos even though I don't own a Kia yet.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Heard from 3 different dealers (finally); all 3 said the same thing, no one has a clue when they're coming and they will NOT be accepting deposits, it's first come, first served.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Called two KIA dealers out here in MI, same story as everyone else. First salesman said tried to sell me an Optima haha, second dealer said they have no info but will call me back when they have more details late summer.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Kia really needs to improve communication with their dealers, especially when people are ready to put down deposits.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Exactly. I'm getting nervous; my current lease is up 10/19 and if it's not here by then I may have to make short term arrangements, or worse, look elsewhere.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Heard from 3 different dealers (finally); all 3 said the same thing, no one has a clue when they're coming and they will NOT be accepting deposits, it's first come, first served.
That's oxymoronic - how can you be first in line if you don't know when to line up?

Why don't they take deposits? I put mine down ages ago....still have no idea how much or when but I'm on a list....

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That's oxymoronic - how can you be first in line if you don't know when to line up?

Why don't they take deposits? I put mine down ages ago....still have no idea how much or when but I'm on a list....
As one explained it, they can't take a deposit on a car if they have no invoice for it yet. I was assured they would accept one once they receive invoices and know when and what is coming though.

The same dealer sent another email early this morning and said they've now been told "mid-October" for the first batch. They said they would take a security deposit roughly 60 days before the cars arrive, which is when they would have invoices.

Fingers crossed!

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Thanks Turbo, I would be okay waiting for something mid-October.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
As one explained it, they can't take a deposit on a car if they have no invoice for it yet. I was assured they would accept one once they receive invoices and know when and what is coming though.

The same dealer sent another email early this morning and said they've now been told "mid-October" for the first batch. They said they would take a security deposit roughly 60 days before the cars arrive, which is when they would have invoices.

Fingers crossed!
Strange system - at least you're now getting information.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
We confirmed with the Marketing Director of Kia (in person) that the Stinger will not be hitting the US for sales until November 2017.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone receive anymore updates?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Subaru WRX 2004
You've done well getting in early. I've also put a deposit down but in August. Mine will be Deep chroma blue with Red Nappa leather. Expected time December. My price is higher than what you've been quoted.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Hello all. In Canada, they?re only bringing up 200 Stinger GT/GT Limited?s in the first (only?) batch. Not many options - all come with 3.3L TT and AWD. GT Limited adds the tech stuff (Harmon/Kardon sound system, 8? screen with nav, etc) and Nappa leather, along with a few other niceties.

The ONLY way to get one is through Kia Canada?s pre-order system. Dealers are asked to get the trim level you want (GT/GT Limited), your first three choices of color (I chose Thunder Gray, Atomic Blue, or Black), and your leather color if ordering the GT Limited with the Nappa leather. Dealers are also REQUIRED to show you put C$5000 down on the car - cash or check. They?ll also pre-approve you for financing (if you?re financing/leasing) before they?ll place the pre-order.

I?ve heard of others up here placing a pre-order without the huge deposit requirement. Whether they end up with the car they?re expecting is a crap shoot. The GM at my local Kia dealership showed me the Pre-order Booking Process doc, and its very clear that the deposit is a Kia Canada requirement.

Cars arriving early Dec. MSRP according to Kia Canada is around $49,950, although dealer quoted $54,450.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Congrats [MENTION=171]KShock[/MENTION] and thanks for the info. Do you guys get the block heater or winter tires?

Hello all. In Canada, they?re only bringing up 200 Stinger GT/GT Limited?s in the first (only?) batch. Not many options - all come with 3.3L TT and AWD. GT Limited adds the tech stuff (Harmon/Kardon sound system, 8? screen with nav, etc) and Nappa leather, along with a few other niceties.

The ONLY way to get one is through Kia Canada?s pre-order system. Dealers are asked to get the trim level you want (GT/GT Limited), your first three choices of color (I chose Thunder Gray, Atomic Blue, or Black), and your leather color if ordering the GT Limited with the Nappa leather. Dealers are also REQUIRED to show you put C$5000 down on the car - cash or check. They?ll also pre-approve you for financing (if you?re financing/leasing) before they?ll place the pre-order.

I?ve heard of others up here placing a pre-order without the huge deposit requirement. Whether they end up with the car they?re expecting is a crap shoot. The GM at my local Kia dealership showed me the Pre-order Booking Process doc, and its very clear that the deposit is a Kia Canada requirement.

Cars arriving early Dec. MSRP according to Kia Canada is around $49,950, although dealer quoted $54,450.

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Not sure on either item. The block heater isn?t listed as standard. Not listed as far as I know as an accessory.

The tires are supposed to be Michelin ?performance tires?, and the dealer?s GM said they?re going to be Pilot Sport 4 S. If you want winter tires, you?d have to get a special deal in place with the dealership.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #40
Congratulations [MENTION=171]KShock[/MENTION] and welcome to the forum.