Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Programming Remote Start with Smart Key FOB

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
My Stinger that I just got home with a few days ago is doing this thing where the alarm goes off if I start and stop the car with the dedicated remote start fob. Starts fine from the dedicated fob, but alarm goes nuts if I use the same dedicated fob to shut it off.

Also, if I start it with the fob then approach the vehicle and pop the trunk or unlock the car, the car just turns off.. Anyone have similar issues?
Yes all is normal, if you start the car remotely, as soon as you open the door or truck it will turn the car off. It's supposed to do that for safety reasons.

Also Welcome to the forums

Last edited:

Scotty B

Reactions
City
MYRTLE BEACH
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 GT1
My Stinger that I just got home with a few days ago is doing this thing where the alarm goes off if I start and stop the car with the dedicated remote start fob. Starts fine from the dedicated fob, but alarm goes nuts if I use the same dedicated fob to shut it off.

Also, if I start it with the fob then approach the vehicle and pop the trunk or unlock the car, the car just turns off.. Anyone have similar issues?
Also normal for the car horn to go off once if you shut off the remote start with the fob (confirmed with the manufacturer). Thought it was setting off the alarm the first couple times, until I realized it was only going off once. Not sure why the made it that way.