Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Roof Noise Stinger GT1

Reactions
City
Laredo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT1
I purchased a 2022 Kia Stinger GT1 ...Ceramic Grey ext / Red int. Awesome car but...... A week after purchase, we heard a noise around the roof area coming from all directions. We notified the dealership and was told to take it in. At first they told me they didn't know what it was. HUH? They were going to get a hold of "Tech line". They gave the service dept things to do. This did not resolve the problem. I, in turn, called Kia (Claims). They took my info and gave me a claim number. I did not hear from anyone for 3 or 4 days. I called and they told me that they were still working with this so called "Tech line". Meanwhile, the service dept told me I could pick up my vehicle until they heard from "Tech line". A week later again I was told to take in the vehicle. Now it stayed there approx 4 weeks. They told me that they were going to drop the interior roof lining, pad it and replace the clips that might be missing. According to the service writer, the clips were in back order and had no ETA. Finally they arrived and the work was completed. I was told to pick up the vehicle. They told me that the technician drove the vehicle and noise was gone. I was so happy. WELL....... 3 days later, the noises came back. I took the vehicle back in and get this one......... "Tech line" told them to 1) check the clips again and 2) drive another stinger to see if the noise is present. I was like WHAT???? I have constantly been in contact with Kia claims but they have no answers. It's like I'm talking to a recording. My case was upgraded to a Case Manager and I've spoken to her ONCE. I've asked for her to call me back and I never get a call. I am sick and tired of this BS.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience with the dealer. One of the guys on the forums figured out the rattle an if I remember right it was coming from the B pillar. Hopefully he pops on the forums so he can tell you where it is & how to fix it..