Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Thinking of Purchaing Used Stinger - Issues with Test Drives

Reactions
City
Huntingdon Valley
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Sienna
I have test drive a few Stingers which most have varying degrees of front end vibration under normal driving conditions. I took out a 2018 GT2 AWD with ~68k miles which had a horrible front end vibration as soon as I left the lot and never got better. I then took out a 2022 GTLine with 16k miles which had a slight vibration under acceleration but wasn't too bad. Then had the pleasure of taking a 2022 GT2 with ~40k miles ($41k) and this drove very well - no vibrations at all under driving acceleration or braking. Then took out a 2019 GT1 with another serious vibration but also had some auto shifting issues with hard up and down shifts (jolting forward on both). So, my concern is that 75% of the Stingers I have test driven have had seeming some variation of vibration in the front end - is this common on these cars? Would like some Stinger owner feedback before I consider this line of car.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Its not common. I would encourage you to test drive a newer one.

Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT2
2022 GT2 the way to go !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I test drove a 21, then a 22, then bought a 18. The 21 was modded and down on power. The 22 was somehow already having issues with the steering wheel leather pealing and the KIA badge fading and the smoked chrome was permanently discolored. Third one was in perfect condition. Seems like people don’t really take great care of them.