Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

USB music question

GaryPSU

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70 Elite
I have mp3 songs in 8 folders on a USB drive. I can’t figure out how to shuffle songs within one folder. Whenever I click shuffle, the songs are played from various folders rather than staying within the folder that I have selected. The multimedia folder is not at all clear about this. Help please. Thanks.

Reactions
It's not possible to shuffle within a folder.

OP
G

GaryPSU

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70 Elite
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. That’s nuts! My other cars with usb music allowed this - including my wife’s 2017 CR-V. Is there any way around having to listen to my songs in alphabetical order - other than making separate USB drives?

OP
G

GaryPSU

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70 Elite
Thread Starter #4
I think that I may have figured it out. I set the shuffle button to “shuffle”, and I toggled the repeat button to show a folder icon. Apparently this allows one to shuffle within one folder. It has worked so far. I’ll see if it stays as the default when I restart the car.

Reactions
I think that I may have figured it out. I set the shuffle button to “shuffle”, and I toggled the repeat button to show a folder icon. Apparently this allows one to shuffle within one folder. It has worked so far. I’ll see if it stays as the default when I restart the car.
Excellent, I could never get mine to work.