Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Who think Genesis is doing a terrible job rolling out the G70?

Who think Genesis is doing a terrible job rolling out the G70?

• Terrific Job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay Job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible Job

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
What do you guys think? Is Genesis doing a good job marketing the G70?

Personally I think Genesis needs to learn from Kia when they marketed the Stinger. I've received zero information from dealers other than its arriving soon with no ETA.

Reactions
I agree with you. The rollout has been terrible.

DLM1213

Reactions
What I Drive
2005 Acura TL
Totally agree. I live in Cincinnati and have been wanting to replace my 05 Acura TL for some time now. I have driven the TLX and after reading up on the forum, the test drive and the feedback from owners did not impress me, time to move on. I was hoping the G70 would be my next car. Genesis has been getting some very good ratings and the reviews on the G70 have been good. What I don't understand is, if this car was to go on sale at the end of September, why can you not build and price out a G70 on their website?

I decided to call around to the three dealers I have in the area to see if they had any in stock or when they would get them, here was their response:
  1. We will not get any delivered until Feb 2019. When I asked why so late since other dealers across the country appears to be getting some already. He replied I guarantee you no other dealers in the US have any in stock.
  2. The second one said they did not expect to get any in until the 1st quarter 2019.
  3. The third dealer did not know when they would get any. He said since they are not a high volume dealer we would be one of the last dealers to get them. High volume dealers are getting them first.
Very disappointing to hear, and it appears they seem to be in the dark about deliveries as well; not a great roll out in my opinion. Acura will have their second generation of the TLX out next summer, might as well wait to see what they have to offer rather than buying a new car in the cold and snow.

Reactions
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that went through the same thing with my local dealers. They all kept promising that its coming soon since early this year. I'm just hoping that the G70 is worth the weight since it has so much tuning potential.

Any idea on the specs of the new TLX?

Totally agree. I live in Cincinnati and have been wanting to replace my 05 Acura TL for some time now. I have driven the TLX and after reading up on the forum, the test drive and the feedback from owners did not impress me, time to move on. I was hoping the G70 would be my next car. Genesis has been getting some very good ratings and the reviews on the G70 have been good. What I don't understand is, if this car was to go on sale at the end of September, why can you not build and price out a G70 on their website?

I decided to call around to the three dealers I have in the area to see if they had any in stock or when they would get them, here was their response:
  1. We will not get any delivered until Feb 2019. When I asked why so late since other dealers across the country appears to be getting some already. He replied I guarantee you no other dealers in the US have any in stock.
  2. The second one said they did not expect to get any in until the 1st quarter 2019.
  3. The third dealer did not know when they would get any. He said since they are not a high volume dealer we would be one of the last dealers to get them. High volume dealers are getting them first.
Very disappointing to hear, and it appears they seem to be in the dark about deliveries as well; not a great roll out in my opinion. Acura will have their second generation of the TLX out next summer, might as well wait to see what they have to offer rather than buying a new car in the cold and snow.

DLM1213

Reactions
What I Drive
2005 Acura TL
I stopped in the dealer next to my Acura dealership during the summer and they told me September also, now they are saying Feb 2019.

As for the next gen TLX, the only thing I know is what I have been reading on some of the Acurazine post. 300+hp mated to Honda's new 10 speed transmission with their new "Precision Cockpit" as used in the 2019 RDX, FWD and their SH-AWD. Everyone believes Acura is going to have to come out with a motor that is going to produce better than 300+hp if they really want to compete in this market.

DLM1213

Reactions
What I Drive
2005 Acura TL
Just checked the Genesis website and you can now build and price out a G70 at least. Getting one may be a different story.

Reactions
Just checked the Genesis website and you can now build and price out a G70 at least. Getting one may be a different story.
Funny thing is I never got the notification even though I was on their mailing list lol.