Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Whose ready to get tuned!!!???

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
So we are just about ready to release tunes for the community! We will be selling these on spare ECU's. The first two stages we will be releasing will be stage 0 and stage 1. Our stage 0 tune will net you around 50-60whp and 30-40trq on a completely stock car. For the stage 1 which you will also need intakes to get will net you around 100whp pending climate. We are going to start a PRE-ORDER tomorrow for the ECU's and tunes. ECU's will be $550, Stage 0 tune will be $695, and $795 stage 1 plus a little for shipping. Figure $25.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Any aftermarket intake will work for Stage 1? What about plugs?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
How does this work? Do you swap out the ECU and send one back?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
More details on the tune, dyno and install please.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Wait, so the entire tune will be 1300+?

Are you sure this is a great idea without any data logging? Ive done mail order tunes before, but I had to data log with the Diablo for weeks going back n forth. This was on a N/A well known engine.

Dont get me wrong, I love the progress you're making (following on FB) but, for me, its still iffy on no logging mail order tunes.

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #6
Any aftermarket intake will work for Stage 1? What about plugs?
Yes any intake. And sorry I thought I changed the part about plugs. We highly recommend spark plugs HKS 40IL for the stage 0 and 45IL for stage 1

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #7
How does this work? Do you swap out the ECU and send one back?
You can send us your ecu to tune if you want to. But we will be buying spare ecus and tuning those and sending them out

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #8
More details on the tune, dyno and install please.
We have tuns of videos and dyno charts on our facebook page and YouTube. If need be I will get them loaded to here as well

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #9
Wait, so the entire tune will be 1300+?

Are you sure this is a great idea without any data logging? Ive done mail order tunes before, but I had to data log with the Diablo for weeks going back n forth. This was on a N/A well known engine.

Dont get me wrong, I love the progress you're making (following on FB) but, for me, its still iffy on no logging mail order tunes.
We have been doing it like this for years in the KDM community with little issue. We can do datalogs if you would like but we will have to send the ecu back and forth many times for adjustments if needed.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Thanks. Ima keep an eye on this. You guys will most certainly get my business when I'm ready to tune, just want to get an intake, FMIC, and cat back, then tune around that.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Sorry on mobile. The diablo trinity was a big POS. Can you recommend a good logger you guys like?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Is this tune only or are any of the nannies turned off like cat-delete CEL, torque management etc?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So we are just about ready to release tunes for the community! We will be selling these on spare ECU's. The first two stages we will be releasing will be stage 0 and stage 1. Our stage 0 tune will net you around 50-60whp and 30-40trq on a completely stock car. For the stage 1 which you will also need intakes to get will net you around 100whp pending climate. We are going to start a PRE-ORDER tomorrow for the ECU's and tunes. ECU's will be $550, Stage 0 tune will be $695, and $795 stage 1 plus a little for shipping. Figure $25.
Stellar work, guys! Really!

Just to confirm, it was $1,345 for the Stage1?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #14

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Correct if you have spark plugs and intakes already
So, can you explain why the intake is a prerequisite?

Also, is there any ability to control the power of the car or is it set?

Lastly, would you mind posting a short video showing how to swap the ECU's?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #16
Is this tune only or are any of the nannies turned off like cat-delete CEL, torque management etc?
Nothing is turned off in the tune. With our secondary cat deletes we do not get a CEL

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #17
Sorry on mobile. The diablo trinity was a big POS. Can you recommend a good logger you guys like?
Try using the Torque pro app and see how it is. We have used that in the KDM community for awhile now and it works great.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Is it possible to permanently disable auto start/stop or default to a certain drive mode with this tune?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #19
Is it possible to permanently disable auto start/stop or default to a certain drive mode with this tune?
possibly. That is something that we will need to dig deep into the ECU to see what we can do for it.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Will the tune require 91+ octane?