Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

2019 Kia Stinger GTS JB4 Install

bgunsch

Reactions
City
Leander
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GTS
So I had a company install a JB4 on my 2019 Kia Stinger as well as with my wifes Stinger but hers is the GT1 all wheel drive. Her car started having issues with misfire so I took it back to the guys and they changed plugs and coils out and seems like the problem was fixed. Now my car is a different story. They did the exact same set up on my GTS as they did on her GT1 and my car started doing the same thing so I took it to the guys that installed it and they again changed the coils and plugs and stated car was ready. Got there and car ran worse than when I dropped it off so I took it straight to Kia. They ran a diagnostics test and noticed combustion in #5 is not performing. Does anyone know if this could have been installed wrong and just need a person that really knows what they are doing or has anyone else ran into this problem. I am being told it will cost me a new engine and Kia nor the company will cover the damages. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do besides buying a new engine? 2019 KIA STINGER GTS.jpg

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Man that is awful, sorry to see that. There are a lot of safety measures built into the jb4 so I can't imagine one causing catastrophic engine damage. Maybe try a different service dept and see if they'll dig deeper to see if it was an engine flaw that caused it?