Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

any issues with flat tires due to potholes on 19” wheels?

djole78

Reactions
City
South Orange
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT2
Hey, just wondering if anybody has had issues with getting flats on their 19” wheels due to potholes? Used to have 19” wheels on an Infiniti a few years ago, and was getting lots of flats, so wondering if this would be an issue on a Stinger? Living in NJ doesn’t help given the super poor quality of the roads here...

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
No issues yet.
I will use the picture below as a example.
So in the picture below I have compared the tires on my Fiesta ST to the front tires on the g70. You will notice even though the g70 has a larger wheel that the tire has more sidewall.

What tire size did your infinity have? maybe do a comparison and see if the g70 has more or less sidewall.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Once. When my car was only a few months old. Wasn’t even a pothole either. A chunk of asphalt curb made its way out in the street and I ended up hitting it. Popped the tire and bent my front passenger strut. I’ve yet to have the wheels checked for roundness, but since I replaced the strut I haven’t had any issues