Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Downpipe Thread

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Has anyone tried these yet?
We've sold a bunch of sets. The only thing I found out the hard way is that the mounts are different for RWD and AWD. We just make sure to ask customers when they purchase them now. Jun B.L is absolutely legendary in the KDM scene, so you can expect absolute top quality and spot-on perfect fit from them.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
We've sold a bunch of sets. The only thing I found out the hard way is that the mounts are different for RWD and AWD. We just make sure to ask customers when they purchase them now. Jun B.L is absolutely legendary in the KDM scene, so you can expect absolute top quality and spot-on perfect fit from them.
Thanks, I'll probably do both when I'm ready to get the exhaust. I know the downpipes will improve air flow to the turbos but do you know if there are any gains with the downpipe installed with the exhaust vs. the exhaust alone?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll probably do both when I'm ready to get the exhaust. I know the downpipes will improve air flow to the turbos but do you know if there are any gains with the downpipe installed with the exhaust vs. the exhaust alone?
I'm sure there is, but Jun does not market the downpipes to be used with the stock exhaust. They actually feel it would be deceptive to do so.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I'm sure there is, but Jun does not market the downpipes to be used with the stock exhaust. They actually feel it would be deceptive to do so.
I was looking to see if there any any difference between downpipe installed with the exhaust vs. the exhaust alone.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I was looking to see if there any any difference between downpipe installed with the exhaust vs. the exhaust alone.
Yes like I said, they do not market the product to be used like that. People generally do the catback by it?s self or catback with downpipe. Not just the downpipes by themselves with the stock exhaust. Could you do it? Sure, there is really nothing wrong with that but it?s simply not Jun?s recommended configuration. If you ask them, they will say do the catback or catback with downpipes

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes like I said, they do not market the product to be used like that. People generally do the catback by it?s self or catback with downpipe. Not just the downpipes by themselves with the stock exhaust. Could you do it? Sure, there is really nothing wrong with that but it?s simply not Jun?s recommended configuration. If you ask them, they will say do the catback or catback with downpipes
But I was referring to their aftermarket exhaust with downpipe vs. aftermarket exhaust without downpipe.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
But I was referring to their aftermarket exhaust with downpipe vs. aftermarket exhaust without downpipe.
Oh the Jun exhaust with downpipe set? Yea sure there's always going to be a benefit when opening up air flow like this. The stock setup is very restrictive as you probably know.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Small update from Jun B.L...

They will not be doing a 2.0L downpipe or o2 pipe.

That's it....

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
No, I don't think it was that. Jun's just a bit picky and don't make tons of parts for every car. They pretty much stick with their catbacks. They only made the 3.3L downpipes because they were contracted to for pre-Stinger release events.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Do we know pipe diameter for these? Are they 2.5"

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Very likely, but I haven't purchased my stinger yet. I'll reach out when I'm ready.

RevRange

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Does the Jun EVC exhaust have any drone when the valves are open or closed? Also, what?s the warranty on the Jun exhausts?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Does the Jun EVC exhaust have any drone when the valves are open or closed? Also, what?s the warranty on the Jun exhausts?
We have only sold two EVC's but those were to Kia dealerships. Unfortunately I don't have any feedback on it. Either way, Jun is well-known for their extremely well designed exhaust products with the absolute highest quality materials and workmanship imaginable. They've literally been the king of KDM exhausts dating back to the Tiburon days. Jun has a 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
Does anyone have a pic of the stock downpipes? I have heard that they don?t look very different from aftermarket.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
stinger downpipes.jpg

This is from the [MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] FB page. Stock obviously in the middle. Hopefully they release these soon [biggrin]