Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

JB4 for 2022 Stinger Gt-line 2.5L & Stock Draggy Results 0 - 60, 5 - 60 roll

Dan00Hawk

Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT Line 2.5T
AWD drive here too! Did you use launch control doing a 0 - 60? If so... did you get fuel cut (feeling) @ 4k - 5k rpms... dropping down sum then shifting to 2nd?
Yes, I've used launch control a few times. There haven't been any noticeable feelings of power dropping off. I'm still completely stock, though.

Any feedback yet from your logs where that is happening?

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Thread Starter #22
Oh stock it doesn't happen... forgot you're not using JB4 yet :) between ~4k - 5k .. but the logs look fine (according to burger tuning)

It's either the JB4 extra boost is tripping some sorta safety or the Fuel Pump can't handle it...? But then again... it only happens if I use launch control... not brake boosting :)

Last edited:
OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #23
**UPDATE

Problem resolved ( so far...lol).

Okay... so it wasn't the fuel pump issue (i didn't think so because it only happens when using launch control). Wasn't any spark plug issues or ECU problems... I consulted Burger on the issue, and Terry said that it definitely sounds like 'throttle closure' do to traction control which can never be turned off 100%. He suggested to reduce the boost via 5 psi in the 1st gear settings under the custom menu. This worked! Then I tried reducing only 3 psi (still get 2 psi in 1st gear) and it worked as well! I left 2nd and 3rd alone. So issue resolved thanks to Terry! :)

By the way... 80kph - 120kph passing gear time was 3.08 sec ... the GT1 is 3.0 ... so you get the power of a V6 stinger in some areas of the power curve with the JB4 on Map 3 :)

Last edited:

Dan00Hawk

Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT Line 2.5T
**UPDATE

Problem resolved ( so far...lol).

Okay... so it wasn't the fuel pump issue (i didn't think so because it only happens when using launch control). Wasn't any spark plug issues or ECU problems... I consulted Burger on the issue, and Terry said that it definitely sounds like 'throttle closure' do to traction control which can never be turned off 100%. He suggested to reduce the boost via 5 psi in the 1st gear settings under the custom menu. This worked! Then I tried reducing only 3 psi (still get 2 psi in 1st gear) and it worked as well! I left 2nd and 3rd alone. So issue resolved thanks to Terry! :)

By the way... 80kph - 120kph passing gear time was 3.08 sec ... the GT1 is 3.0 ... so you get the power of a V6 stinger in some areas of the power curve with the JB4 on Map 3 :)
If you sell it to me, I'll be happy to contribute to continuing this thread with updates! :) Also, you are still using stock spark plugs, correct?

Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
None so far... awaiting updates myself... Still don't know why I can't use launch control and have to resort to brake boosting off the line (for AWD ain't no thang...) Also the adapters would be nice... right now i have some electrical tape around them to hold in place :p When I'm running Map 3 and ~E30... i get 5 - 60 times in the 5.2s... which is what C&D got for a GT2. Not bad!
I have a modded 2.0t and ran a launch control 4.9sec 0-60 on JB4 Map 3. My Map 3 dyno is 268whp / 287wtq on 93 Shell. The 2.5t has a 45 bhp headstart over the 2.0t. I'm guessing your 2.5t on Map 3 should be under 5 secs. Does your 2.5 have any mods such as exhaust, intake, etc?

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #26
Hello Bolden! I could never use launch control would always cut around 4000 - 4500 rpms so I had to drone off the line which cost me time :/ No physical mods... just the jb4. Map E20 - 30 (varied) never went below 5.2 on the Draggy. I guess kia beefed up the nannie on the 2022's =) Same with the 2022 G70 3.3t's AWD... launch control is a joke. You need a TCU tune(or brake snip mod) to get enough boost off the line to get a really good 60' ft time.

Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Hello Bolden! I could never use launch control would always cut around 4000 - 4500 rpms so I had to drone off the line which cost me time :/ No physical mods... just the jb4. Map E20 - 30 (varied) never went below 5.2 on the Draggy. I guess kia beefed up the nannie on the 2022's =) Same with the 2022 G70 3.3t's AWD... launch control is a joke. You need a TCU tune(or brake snip mod) to get enough boost off the line to get a really good 60' ft time.
Hello Nightshifter....I had the same launch control issue until I got the XLR throttle controller. Not only did it help with my launch.....to my surprise, i could also feel it in between gear shifts (Race+ mode).