Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

MBRP Catback install *question*

Reactions
Hey everyone, lucked out and my back-ordered MBRP exhaust showed up today. I’m very “mechanically inclined” but was looking for advice on the install. I don’t have access to a lift but have jack stands/can lift the back end of the car in the garage no problem. From the homework I’ve done it looks pretty simple - remove the little brace and then a handful of bolts/studs.

Has anyone done this at home? Trying to gauge if it’s worth it or just pay someone to swap it but knowing how simple it is and knowing I have a toolbox full of tools collecting dust I’d much rather do it myself.

Any insight and/or tips and tricks are appreciated. Can’t wait to hear it with the new exhaust!

Thanks

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
It's a lot easier with a lift, some of the bolts are a pain in the ass to get to. Just make sure you tighten from the front to the rear.

It's easier with two people....(y)

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I figured the two people part may be the bigger issue vs the lift...I’ll make some calls. Thanks for the reply