Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

New G70 3.3T SP and factory PPF question

PKNH

Reactions
City
Auburn
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G70 3.3TAWD SP
Hello, I just purchased a new G70 3.3T Sport Prestige in Vik Black. Really enjoying it after the first few hundred miles. I had a chance to give it a first bath and do some detailing and found that the dealer did a less than thorough job at removing all the pieces of plastic protection film and wrap from the car. One set of film in particular that has me puzzled is two small pieces of paint protection film between the rear wheel well and door. One of the pieces wraps around the corner of the fender into the door opening, but the film is not well adhered at the corner and is cloudy where it didn't conform and stick. This is the same on both sides. Pictures attached here. My question is: Is this intended to be removed after delivery of the car and is only temporary, or is it supposed to be a there permanently and it was a bad application in what is otherwise a flawless looking build? Thanks! G70_1.gif G70_PPF.gif

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations

LynnL716

Reactions
City
Whitesboro
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G70 3.3T
Hello, I just purchased a new G70 3.3T Sport Prestige in Vik Black. Really enjoying it after the first few hundred miles. I had a chance to give it a first bath and do some detailing and found that the dealer did a less than thorough job at removing all the pieces of plastic protection film and wrap from the car. One set of film in particular that has me puzzled is two small pieces of paint protection film between the rear wheel well and door. One of the pieces wraps around the corner of the fender into the door opening, but the film is not well adhered at the corner and is cloudy where it didn't conform and stick. This is the same on both sides. Pictures attached here. My question is: Is this intended to be removed after delivery of the car and is only temporary, or is it supposed to be a there permanently and it was a bad application in what is otherwise a flawless looking build? Thanks! View attachment 5341 View attachment 5342
I had the same on my care-- just picked up yesterday--- my dealer sent me this response: " So that is actually meant to be there. It is a protective piece of plastic. That is something not meant to be taken off. If it is peeling up we can replace it or try to get a new one put on. As far as taking off we don't recommend unless you are experienced with a heat gun." 1694522671401.png

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
OP
P

PKNH

Reactions
City
Auburn
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G70 3.3TAWD SP
Thread Starter #5
I had the same on my care-- just picked up yesterday--- my dealer sent me this response: " So that is actually meant to be there. It is a protective piece of plastic. That is something not meant to be taken off. If it is peeling up we can replace it or try to get a new one put on. As far as taking off we don't recommend unless you are experienced with a heat gun." View attachment 5343
Thanks for the reply. Curious that Genesis would botch that detail. I'll be asking my dealer to replace them at the first service.