Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Radio volume during navigation?

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70, 2013 Cadillac ATS
I've had the car for a month and have spent a bit of time trying to learn how to use its technology. Have done pretty good, but there is one area that just doesn't seem to be operating quite right. I have the car's sound set to Navigation Priority, which states that while navigation is vocalizing, the radio's volume (all system's voulume should be decreased) should be decreased. Well, although radio volume during BT phone use is actually off, there is no change in radio volume when navigation is talking??? So, let me ask: Am I correct/incorrect that radio volume should decrease during nav. If correct, then is just my setting of Navigation Priority enough, or is something missing? Thanks.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #2
I am disappointed with the way my Genesis dealership is handling this problem. They want me to bring the car up to them so that they can go over the trouble-shooting with me. Well, in a way I can understand that. But, what bugs me is that before going up to them-15 miles, I figured that I have given them a good enough description of the problem and that they should at least try to the trouble-shooting on the phone. Before having me come to them, they could have given me the settings that they know should lower the radio volume while navigation is talking. And, if that didn't work, no problem taking a trip. Makes me think that they are not too sharp. The only thing I do sort of appreciate is that they said that I should just come up to them at any time and they will check out the issue immediately. And if the car needs to stay with them, I get the loaner. Of course, I would have preferred for them to come pick up the car and leave a loaner instead of my having to waste time going to them.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Well, Genesis did "fix" the volume issiue; however, it has returned a couple of weeks later. Haven't gone back to have it fixed again, but will check it out the next time I need servicing. Still, no one has any comments about this issue???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T G70 Discussions 1