Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Stinger GT RWD vs. Honda Civic Type R

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Just curious if any GT owners went up against a stock Civic Type R +2017? Who would win from the Dig, 40mph roll & 1/4 mile?
Average Drivers :)

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome to the forums, Yes the stinger would win

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Spider55 :)

Hapa88

Reactions
State
AZ
What I Drive
2019 GT1
On a road course, the Type R will kill the Stinger, but Stinger will win in a straight line.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
On a road course, the Type R will kill the Stinger, but Stinger will win in a straight line.
except drifting ;) you'll never ever technically be able to truly drift a FWD because it requires the car to be able to continually provide oversteer or in other words the rear tires to push the car into oversteer while the fronts steer the vehicle in the same direction of the oversteer created by the rear tires...

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
except drifting ;) you'll never ever technically be able to truly drift a FWD because it requires the car to be able to continually provide oversteer or in other words the rear tires to push the car into oversteer while the fronts steer the vehicle in the same direction of the oversteer created by the rear tires...
Isn’t the type R an AWD?

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Isn’t the type R an AWD?
Zero to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds, 1.02 g of lateral grip, and the ability to stop from 70 mph in a Porsche-like 142 feet—in a tweaked, front-wheel-drive commuter car with 61.8 percent of its 3111 pounds resting on the front wheels... although the most I've seen anyone pull 0 - 60 from this car is 5.2 seconds with exceptional skill... don't know how C&D gets these low numbers... must be shifting without using the clutch which is a talent in itself ;) Float shifting you can do if your engine RPM, the speed of the vehicle, and the gear you are shifting to/from is just right. The reason you can do this is because you have synchros in the transmission which allows the two gears to match rotational speeds as they come in contact :p to put lightly.... took me years to get this right on some of my previous cars... gotta be pretty much exact on the rpms or you'll grind... not easy for noobs :p

Last edited:

Hapa88

Reactions
State
AZ
What I Drive
2019 GT1
Obviously you've never tried with lunch trays!

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9