Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

stock tires on aftermarket 19x8.5 rims w/...

Xenozx

Reactions
City
Newcastle
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia stinger GT1 AWD
Hey guys so sorry in advance for starting a new thread for a simple question, but I am thinking of buying advanti hybris flow formed 19x8.5 x 4 35mm offset. I dont have much of a winter usually so I will run these rims year round. Since I have less than 1000 miles on my tires, and from what i have seen the michelin tires are actually quite good I just want to put them on my new rims, and save some money. I understand our cars are staggered and 8.5 in back and 8.0 up front. If I just bought 4 of the same rim w/ same 8.5 width and 35mm offset would I be able to just mount the stock tires and TPMS's to them and be good to go?

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I'd imagine at worst you'd only have to buy two tires. Go to a local tire shop and ask someone.

But from the looks of it, you should be able to mount stock front tires on 19x8.5 rims. The front stock tires are 225/40R19 and according to the chart link below is the narrowest you can go for that width of rim. At the very worst you'd have to replace two tires. I am by no means an expert on this so you'd also probably better off looking at the chart and then talking to a service rep at a local tire center.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
And yes, swap your TPMS ;)

Reactions
City
Alberta
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
'22 stinger
Hey guys so sorry in advance for starting a new thread for a simple question, but I am thinking of buying advanti hybris flow formed 19x8.5 x 4 35mm offset. I dont have much of a winter usually so I will run these rims year round. Since I have less than 1000 miles on my tires, and from what i have seen the michelin tires are actually quite good I just want to put them on my new rims, and save some money. I understand our cars are staggered and 8.5 in back and 8.0 up front. If I just bought 4 of the same rim w/ same 8.5 width and 35mm offset would I be able to just mount the stock tires and TPMS's to them and be good to go?
curious how this turned out? im in a similar boat right now.. putting same as OEM size winters on stock wheels and buying aftermarkets for the michelin pilots for summer.