Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

WTB Wanted - Continuous Rear Stop / Tail Light / Turn Light

Trader history for Jay Tea (0)

Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
Wish some enterprising soul would develop an LED light assembly to replace the existing thin red plastic piece on the tailgate, which spans between the right & left light assemblies.

The new light assembly would need to have: Plug & play harness; ~12 LED locations spanning across the piece; Bright red STOP LEDs; Dimmer red TAIL LEDs; Bright yellow Sequential TURN LEDs.

To appear OE, the new LEDs should match the existing stop / tail / turn lights in color (K) and brightness (lumen). The kit should include all required new fasteners for the red plastic strip as well as interior trim pieces (which would need to be removed & reinstalled), as well as detailed installation instructions.

It is possible that the stock red plastic piece could be utilized, with the new LEDs counter-sunk into the plastic, and the controller 'hidden' in the space inside the tailgate trim? The challenge would be wiring the new harness & plug out of the tailgate and down the rear buttress to connect with the existing rear light harness?

I would pay several hundred $$$ for this customer-installed upgrade!

This would give an awesome Aston Martin / Porsche appearance, and vastly increase safety! What do other forum members think?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Someone on one of the other forums installed their own LED light bar behind the stock piece

OP
Jay Tea
Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
Well, that "someone" should be posting on the BEST Stinger forum (this one)!
Thank you, I will check it out.