Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

WHEEL SPACERS?

Apple-xu

Reactions
City
foshan
State
NJ
Country
China
What I Drive
C260(W205) 2018
Has anyone put wheel spacers on their wheels? I've never used spacers before and would appreciate some first-hand accounts on the good and bad before I make a decision.

sil25rs

Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2 AWD
Hey there,

If you don't plan to upgrade your wheels anytime soon, widening out the track with stock rims is the next best thing. When I bought my CPO stinger, it already came with spacers (20mm i think) and lowering springs on the front and rear. I haven't gotten around to checking the brand closely but my wheels stick out just enough to cover the wheel gap. Sorry, I don't have any pics up yet to show.

They do help with cornering, around town and windy roads, but I can't say how they perform on a track environment. I've put wheel spacers on all my vehicles and as long as you torque them properly, and check every oil change, they improve aesthetically and performance (some) wise. Its like that old skool pontiac grand prix commercial "wider is better" (y)

CeeDaRula

Reactions
City
RIO VISTA
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT
I don't really like spacers, reason is most people do not replace the studs and make them longer, keeping the studs the original length can put stress on a weaker part of the stud.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I don't really like spacers, reason is most people do not replace the studs and make them longer, keeping the studs the original length can put stress on a weaker part of the stud.
20mm for me

1687368865698.png

1687368881289.png
1687368922040.png
1687368948933.png

Reactions
City
Farpoint
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
2021 Stinger CK (GT2)
I never would use spacers.
I do anything with a matching rim offset.
As the colleagues here said - they create a weak point and more mass.