Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Catch Can Thread

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Just installed the Tork Motorsports PCV and Breather CCs. Install was really easy (20-30 mins following their YouTube video). It came with all hardware needed, but I wish it came with hose clamps rather than zip ties :( I did get the drains on both CCs and they seem to be really good quality. The breather side fit alright with my AEM intakes, but the nice part is the CC bracket is slotted to allow for you to move it depending on your setup, but with the drain and the engine cover on it fits really tight (almost too tight). The PCV side was interesting on how they mounted it, putting a bracket over the hose mount for the PCV. It included a grommet to make sure it didn’t end up wearing a hole through the plastic hose mount, but it took up too much room for the hose to stay on the PCV.. For now I don’t have that grommet on, but I am definitely going to put something there to keep it from rubbing. It came with a hose clamp for that connection which is pointed out in the pictures(red arrow) which makes me more confident in the hose staying attached. The fitment was alright, it was a little difficult to get the bolt for the engine cover on with the bracket over the hose mount.. The drain for the PCV is in a good spot and easy to access, as long as you unplug the O2 sensor below it. Overall the kit was good and does not stand out as aftermarket as much as others, and has very short hoses to and from the CCs. I will update the forum on the CCs when I do my next oil change to let you all know how much they collected :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm waiting on my Catch Can "OCC side" , I do like their set up but I would rather take it out to drain it. If I was you I would take those zip ties off and use the stock hose claps or buy some, as hot as the engine bay gets zip ties won't last long. You want the PCV system to be air tight. Same thing on your OCC.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I'm waiting on my Catch Can "OCC side" , I do like their set up but I would rather take it out to drain it. If I was you I would take those zip ties off and use the stock hose claps or buy some, as hot as the engine bay gets zip ties won't last long. You want the PCV system to be air tight. Same thing on your OCC.
Already bought hose clamps and installed them, the zip ties were just there for me to get to be able to get to the hardware store and back

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just a note for those with the ADD catch cans. Check the worm clamps every so often.
I started to notice an oil smell coming through my vents when I came home from work on friday night. I was still noticing it when I was driving my family around on saturday. Got under the hood and couldn't smell a thing. Didn't notice any oil anywhere. I checked the hoses for my ADD catch can and noticed some oil seepage around one of the connections. I took my 1/4" ratchet and started tightening the clamp down and noticed it wasn't very tight anymore. I checked all the worm clamps and they all seemed to have loosened up a bit.
Just a thought for those who have used a worm clamp with aftermarket catch cans. I'm going to start checking mine every oil change now.

Last edited:

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Your right @CKeeler, I don't use those clamps, I used the stock clamps and bought some more, plus changed out the hoses because the hoses that came with the kit were to big.:cool:

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Went to drain my CCs today and they were still empty, 2500 miles later :( anyone else have Tork Motorsports CCs and have this issue?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I have the tork motorsports can for the OCC front side of the engine coming. I have a ADD W1 for the PCV side, I checked it at 3500 mile an there was a quarter inch of oil in it. If you're on the gas hard all the time you will have a little blow by. On the OCC side, I've checked the hose an it's completely dry. The tork CC is being specially made for my car because I have the Injen Intakes, the one that you buy on their website does not fit, so he have to make me one.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have the tork motorsports can for the OCC front side of the engine coming. I have a ADD W1 for the PCV side, I checked it at 3500 mile an there was a quarter inch of oil in it. If you're on the gas hard all the time you will have a little blow by. On the OCC side, I've checked the hose an it's completely dry. The tork CC is being specially made for my car because I have the Injen Intakes, the one that you buy on their website does not fit, so he have to make me one.
May get a different one for the PCV side then :/

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Just a note for those with the ADD catch cans. Check the worm clamps every so often.
I started to notice an oil smell coming through my vents when I came home from work on friday night. I was still noticing it when I was driving my family around on saturday. Got under the hood and couldn't smell a thing. Didn't notice any oil anywhere. I checked the hoses for my ADD catch can and noticed some oil seepage around one of the connections. I took my 1/4" ratchet and started tightening the clamp down and noticed it wasn't very tight anymore. I checked all the worm clamps and they all seemed to have loosened up a bit.
Just a thought for those who have used a worm clamp with aftermarket catch cans. I'm going to start checking mine every oil change now.
Just had this issue and noticed one of my clamps was loose as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

edrum

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT Limited AWD
I re-tightened my a week after and then again a week after that as I was sure they would loosen up (warm PVC vs cold) - and they did. I recently also had some oil smells so I'll have to check again. That or the winter undercoating wasn't done very well and they got some into my ventilation filter.

I found the long hose wasn't quite long enough for me, so I parked the install and ordered a longer one from ADD and cut it to fit perfectly and the install was easy after that.

I do get a lot of gunk in the can now that it's a lot colder out compared to the Summer where it was just a few mm of oil. Have to say though - glad I have one installed.

Reactions
City
Lakewood ranch
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT1 RWD.
Does ADD W1 sell a single C/C for both sides of the engine. Makes installation much easier and neater.
I saw it advertised once but can't find information. If any knows where to purchase one drop a line
Thanks

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

Attachments

ChaneRZ

Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
I just installed BMS OCC catch can.
B4F50DC2-189F-4605-8DBA-341086B2AAE4.jpeg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Just had my OCC powder coated, the PCV side is a new Mishimoto, waiting on the bracket to get finished & the other one is a Tork Motorsports.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Here's my newly powder coated Oil Catch Cans installed, what you all think...

Attachments

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It looks like you have a red theme going?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
It looks like you have a red theme going?
I wanted to bring the outer look into the engine bay so my wheel & caliper color. I don't know what I'm going to do with the engine cover yet, any idea's @CKeeler.