Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Driver seat problem?

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70, 2013 Cadillac ATS
My seat is far enough back so that when leaving the car, I doesn't automatically move back any further. However, when I do leave the car, I usually move the seat up a bit to make exiting a little easier. When doing this, the seat will move back to its setting (as does the steering wheel, also) when I enter the car and close the door. However, jsut the other day, the seat stopped moving back on entry, but here is a "whirring" sound as if gears are slipping. Otherwise, the automatic seat does obey its setting when the seat adjustment button is pressed. Anyone else have this happen, or am I just missing something? thanks.

Reactions
Interesting, I would suggest for peace of mind is to take it to the dealer. Hate for it to break and you're not able to move your set at all.

CGO

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport RWD
Mine does this too. Sounded like something on the screw drive. Took it to two dealerships (incompetent) and one finally said the motor was failing. After several attempts of them trying to order the wrong part, they got a new seat but had previously scraped up my interior trying to replace the motor for no reason since they kept getting the wrong part or losing the right part, so I told them to forget it. I just dont move my seat anymore.

Once I find a decent dealership that actually honors the loaner car deal, I'll revisit the seat issue but for now, I stay away from dealerships and do all the maintenance myself. They also curbed one of my my stock wheels, covered it up with black touchup paint, then blamed me for trying to deceive them after I called them on it. Only two dealerships within 50 miles and neither have honored the valet or loaner car program. I've filed several complaints with Genesis corporate who eventually agreed to pay for my wheel but acknowledged that they are having numerous complaints about dealerships but have no control over them due to legal battles. Said it will take years to change the Hyundai dealership culture. Great!