Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Closer look at Kia Stinger 3.3L JUNB.L Exhaust system

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
USA Kia Stinger 3.3L JUNBL EVC Exhaust system

Exhaust valve EVC button.

• POWER(hp) : +39.7 HP at 4400RPM
  • TORQUE(kg. m) : + 5.5 KG. M at 4400RPM
  • NOISE(db) : 96

[video=youtube;cQJiQvVv2V0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQJiQvVv2V0[/video]

USA Kia Stinger 3.3L JUNBL Exhaust system

Vimeo Videos
KIA Stinger 3.3 turbo - Jun.b.l custum Exhaust system sound clip
https://vimeo.com/225793773

KIA Stinger 2.0 turbo - Jun.b.l Racing Type Exhaust system sound clip
https://vimeo.com/227529720

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Is the inside of the center muffler in the EVC type an X-Pipe or an H-Pipe?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Is the inside of the center muffler in the EVC type an X-Pipe or an H-Pipe?
I would probably guess its an H-pipe considering the exhaust system isn't too loud.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I'm going to wait to see what the Borla is going to sound like before deciding. I hope Magnaflow will produce a system too.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Sorry, but open that sounds awful. And yes, I know sound of exhaust is subjective. But ouch.

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Sorry, but open that sounds awful. And yes, I know sound of exhaust is subjective. But ouch.
Jun B.L has 3 different exhaust setups. This is the "Racing" model, which rarely sounds the most appealing with other cars. Their GT model is usually the go-to for a nice aggressive tone.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Another nice sound clip from [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION]
[video=youtube;avCHkNyoHCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCHkNyoHCU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Sounds great actually! Nothing like Jun's original video clip that made it sound.. annoying

I just noticed you seem to also have that weird squeak when pressing the accelerator quickly or turning off the car - do you know what that is?

Jhstinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Brunei
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
has anyone installed the Jun.BL EVC exhaust system for the 3.3? I've a seen a few sound clips but looking for more. Also, will be great if someone can share the installation process for the EVC button. Do you have to take out the dashboard to install the button?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
has anyone installed the Jun.BL EVC exhaust system for the 3.3? I've a seen a few sound clips but looking for more. Also, will be great if someone can share the installation process for the EVC button. Do you have to take out the dashboard to install the button?
I'm really interested in the EVC as well, its the best of both worlds for a daily driver. Would like to hear more clips, especially if someone has a Jun mid-pipe installed also.

Jhstinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Brunei
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
seems like they have the titanium exhaust version as well, video clip below. can't seems to get any info on it :(

[video=youtube;5nPeBhSO_JI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nPeBhSO_JI[/video]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
seems like they have the titanium exhaust version as well, video clip below. can't seems to get any info on it :(

[video=youtube;5nPeBhSO_JI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nPeBhSO_JI[/video]

Niiiice, with the help of google translate from the youtube comments, it costs 1,950,000won. Thats the same price as the EVC model on there website, so it probably isn't an EVC type exhaust. It is also made to order. So considering the price difference between the normal JUN BL exhaust and the Titanium, then I would definitely consider a Titanium EVC type.

Would definitely like to know more and if they are able to do a EVC type in Titanium.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
We've sold quite a few and I'm sure I can get some additional customer vids. Standby for that.

There really isn't 1 way to do the button install--you could put it virtually anywhere. Personally after I'm done testing all the products we're coming out with, I'll be going with an EVC myself and I'm thinking about putting the button in that little tray right under the lip of the center console armrest so it's easily accessible. If you use the Jun "standard/suggested" button location, that area is completely accessible from underneath. There's no need to disassemble any part of the dash.

I'm really interested in the EVC as well, its the best of both worlds for a daily driver. Would like to hear more clips, especially if someone has a Jun mid-pipe installed also.
The EVC is a full catback, which includes rear muffler sections and midpipes. Maybe you meant the catback along with downpipes? If so then that might be interesting because the OEM downpipes are also highly restrictive, so the "quietness" of the EVC with closed valves will definitely be louder by default.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nPeBhSO_JI
It's special order and costs about $3500+, I believe. We can get it but I've refrained from adding it to the website this early in the game because some people already complain that the Jun stainless part pricing is high!

Niiiice, with the help of google translate from the youtube comments, it costs 1,950,000won. Thats the same price as the EVC model on there website, so it probably isn't an EVC type exhaust. It is also made to order. So considering the price difference between the normal JUN BL exhaust and the Titanium, then I would definitely consider a Titanium EVC type.

Would definitely like to know more and if they are able to do a EVC type in Titanium.
Their TI pricing is considerably higher than stainless. I'm sure what you're translating is for the stainless setup, not the TI version.

jyoung

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What?re the main differences between the race and gt exhausts? Obviously the mufflers are different, but it?s hard to tell what they actually sound like with Jun?s videos. The gt is listed as making more power, but the racing is lighter? Is that right? Seems like something called racing would make more power at the expense of being louder.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What?re the main differences between the race and gt exhausts? Obviously the mufflers are different, but it?s hard to tell what they actually sound like with Jun?s videos. The gt is listed as making more power, but the racing is lighter? Is that right? Seems like something called racing would make more power at the expense of being louder.
Unfortunately Youtube vids are a poor way to accurately judge how an exhaust will sound because there are so many variables that can make the same exact car with the same exact mods sound completely different in different scenarios. Of course, it's totally understandable that it's become the norm for shopping to at least give you a baseline. Decent, but not ideal.

Jun B.L's two exhausts (taking the EVC setup out of the equation, of course) are basically identical in terms of design except for the mufflers (no noticeably difference in the weight). The GT is made to be more conservative whereas the Race is louder and more aggressive. Unfortunately the model name suffers in translation as it's meant to be "Race"--as in, louder. That's it. It could have been Type-A and Type-B, but Jun has had consistent model names for virtually every exhaust setup they make and there's little rhyme or reason for it.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Any documented performance differences? Thanks.