Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Interior overhead reading lighting too white and bright-Changed it.

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Genesis G70, 2013 Cadillac ATS
I would have originally like to have changed the overhead light bulbs, but I was told on another forum that they couldn't be changed easily. So, I went to the "ghetto" approach. I simply took some blue colored cellophane and Scotch Taped it over the light openings. I also took a blue Sharpie marking pen and used it to change the lens cover color in the foot wheels. The taping really isn't visible unless on looks up directly under the lights. And, of course, the marking up of the foot well lights can't be seen.

I don't consider this to be "ricing," but rather a way of dramatically improving the interior ambiance (lighting went from blaring white to a cool and subdued blue) when entering/leaving the car at night.

Reactions
I like the thinking out of the box approach. Any pics?

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
I like the thinking out of the box approach. Any pics?
I'll give it a try tonight. Also, it would be neat if someone can show what the blaring white looks like...can't do the before lighting any more.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Tried the nightscape setting on my point and shoot, but nothing came out. Will try some other settings tonight. But I'll tell you, just do a simple test and you'll see a marked difference in the ambiance. As a test, just take any colored cellophane you have handy, cut out a round section (it will be a small round section) that would cover just the small opening nearest the bulb, put it on a piece of Scotch Tape that is larger than the hole (and also larger than the cellophane section), press them against the bulb opening. Blue is a great color, but I also feel that orange-red (like in BMWs) is also pretty cool.

OP
F
Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Here are some pics. As the blue light is somewhat subtle, you may not appreciate it. In real life, the ambiance is about 20 times better. However, you should appreciate the fact that if the original white lights were pictured, you would think it was high noon and sunglasses would be in order.
IMG_1106-1.jpg

IMG_1105-.jpg

IMG_1107-1.jpg