Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Kia Stinger 3.3T Bastuck Exhaust

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Kia Stinger Bastuck Exhaust

• Rear silencer optionally with electric exhaust flap (with ECE approval, BASTUCK development)
  • Tailpipe variant: "Quattro" 2x ? 63 mm LH + RH for standard rear apron
  • Performance increase up to 10.5 KW and 9 NM, that's about a 10hp and 6.64 ft-lb

Google Translated Text from German
http://www.bastuck.de/sport/kia-stinger-3-3-t-gdi-v6-sportauspuffanlage/
With the new Stinger KIA relies on genuine Gran Turismo Spirit. The Stinger 3.3 T-GDI V6 packed its 370 hp under consistent proportions and that challenged us.

We have therefore developed two sporty exhaust systems for the KIA Stinger: One consists of the two rear mufflers with exhaust flap (with ECE approval) and a connecting pipe, the second consists of a front silencer and two rear silencers.

As a tailpipe variant, we have decided on both systems for the "Quattro" version (rear silencer with 2 x ? 63 mm LH + RH output), as it is precisely matched to the existing standard rear apron.

In any case, the cultivation of the BASTUCK system has a positive effect: in addition to the optics and the typical sonorous sound, it also delivers 10.5 KW and 9 NM *) more power. Optionally, we also offer a 200-cell Metal Performance Aftercatalyst, a spare tube for the postcatalyst and, in the variant without exhaust flap, also a replacement tube for the front silencer (each without approval).
[video=youtube;prSqiEVoODI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prSqiEVoODI[/video]

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
10hp seems really low. Aren't other companies getting drastically higher hp gains?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
10hp seems really low. Aren't other companies getting drastically higher hp gains?
I assume that the 10hp are achieved with the catback version only - so the standard downpipes including the restrictive standard catalytic converters are still installed.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
It does look like it. However I can't read the japanese stuff above the hp numbers. If these numbers are real and they are measured only with the catback version installed I'm impressed. That must be the highest gain I've ever seen from an exhaust without changing the downpipe(s) and/or catalytic converter(s).

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
This was just posted in a german KIA forum:
[video=youtube;PWvFI82P2TI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWvFI82P2TI[/video]
Source

[twothumb]

This is the version with exhaust valves. The first few revs are with the valves closed and you can hear when they are opened and the sound gets deeper (and a bit louder). This is all with ECE approval so the noise levels are probably way lower compared to Borla, Magnaflow or the like.
But the cool thing is that you can order this exhaust directly from the dealer (in Germany at least). So this will be my very first "mod" when everything works out next month and I can finally seal the deal.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
For me it sounds perfect. Not to loud, but you still can hear a nice sound of a engine. And for long trips just close the valves.

Im glad i ordert it blind.

Gretz Slowy

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Another sound clip.
[video=youtube;Aq_zyU-GvKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_zyU-GvKA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Another sound clip.
[video=youtube;Aq_zyU-GvKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_zyU-GvKA&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Wow... I just ordered my GT2 and it?s a few weeks out. This is the exhaust I want! Sounds amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Is this a bi-mode exhaust system? If so, how do they open and close the valves without the car having the ability in the first place?

Reactions
City
Belo Horizonte
State
Non-US
Country
Brazil
What I Drive
Golf 2018
Hi, 10 kw means aprox. 16 hp, that's what I think it's much more realistic than the 30 hp that some makers say...It's all a question of a german measure x an american measure (that has a lot of more marketing for selling more...)!

Reactions
City
zvolen
State
Non-US
Country
Slovak Republic
What I Drive
Stinger 3.3
Hello
question

I have a bastuck on my stinger, but I'm the second owner and the previous one lost the remote control.
How can i set the exhaust system to open the flaps from the start.
now it only opens them at 70 km / h +

thank you

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, I would contact the manufacture to see if I could buy a remote..