Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

OEM 2.0 or 2.5 turbo spec question

AKGC

Reactions
City
Anchorage
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 gen coupe
I joined this forum to get more info on options for parts (I'm from the gencoupe forums)
I can't find the info for what turbos came with the 4 cylinder stingers.
The second gen gencoupes came with a TD04HL-19T and the first gen came with a tiny TD04L-13T
From what I can tell from pics on ebay listings is that the stinger came with a garrett turbo. Can someone clarify?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, the 3.3 comes with honeywell so I assume the 2.0 comes with the same.

OP
AKGC

AKGC

Reactions
City
Anchorage
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 gen coupe
Thread Starter #3
Welcome, the 3.3 comes with honeywell so I assume the 2.0 comes with the same.
So comparing things... at least the coupe 2.0l and the stinger 2.0l
It looks like the the 2nd gen coupe had the larger turbo (this is just from the marketed HP. There is a lot more to this though, so it's more of a wild guess)

From all my research the stinger 2.0l is more of direct injected version of the coupe's 2.0.
With this, there is higher compression (10:1 IIRC) in the stinger, where the (2nd gen) coupe had 9:1 (first gen had 9.4~:1 which was the downside of the first gen, because port injected)
(BK1 = first gen, BK2= second gen)

You stinger gents can probably easily upgrade your turbos, just by swapping in a BK2 turbo/manifold/o2 housing.

Someone in feb 2020 made 375 HP/312 TQ @ 20psi on a stock BK1 engine(9.4~:1) and an upgraded BK2 turbo.
By upgraded turbo, I mean...
Stock BK2 turbo = TD04HL-19T (the manifold is also twinscroll)
Modded BK2 turbo = TD04HL-22T (22T is basically a 18G compressor, for those of you in the DSM world)

From my understanding, the stinger uses a electronic waste gate actuator (like the BK2), so it might be actually easier for you guys, than it is for all this to work on a BK1