Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

RaceChip USA Kia Stinger Tuning

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
thank you for the update. Glad to know that it was nothing major.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Hey Racechip I have a couple of questions:
1- How does your product compare to the JB4 by Burger motorsports and why is your produce 3 times more expensive?
2- Do you have any actual evidence of claimed performance gains? Where can we see reviews, dyno results, etc... ?
3- I noticed you sell 3 different units with 3 different price points, it seems very odd to me that you would need 3 separate hardware units give that all the work is done in software?
4- Have you done any accelerated life testing on the Kia Stinger with your product to substantiate they claim on your website that its "safe" and will not shorten the life of the engine?

Danke Schoen and have a nice day.
Hello saltee, welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in RaceChip.

I am not aware of their prices, I went to the website and found their Beta product for $399 (incl. the Connect option $539). Three times that would be $1,197 (or $1,617). Well, if you want to pay that much, we can certainly make a deal. Alternatively, you can get the RaceChip RS for $449 (incl. the Connect option $499) or the GTS Black for $699 (incl. the Connect option $749), if you use the forum group buy code KIA_STINGER. If you want the cheapest option, you should probably look somewhere else - maybe eBay :)
(That was a joke, please don't buy junk.)

Instead of writing a long text why our product is the best (why should you believe me), I just recommend you testing the product yourself. We have a 30-day money back guarantee and no restocking fee.

Our products are Made in Germany (even our suppliers also serve the German automotive industry), we don't play with the safety systems, we offer 5 years product warranty and a lot of features (warm-up timer, digital control interface for fine tuning). The product comes with a free reprogramming if you change your car. Of course, the performance upgrade software is the most important part. There is no other way than testing it.

There are a lot of reviews in the past 30 pages of this thread and in following thread: https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1394-RaceChip-GTS-Black-Initial-Review

If you want to see some charts:

RaceChip dyno chart

A German customer sent us his dyno results:

Kia Stinger with cat-back exhaust installed (without RaceChip):
386 PS = 381 HP

View attachment 769

Kia Stinger with cat-back exhaust installed AND RaceChip GTS Black in Race mode:
450 PS = 444 HP

View attachment 768

So he got +63 HP

Different units:
You are right, when we are talking about the Kia Stinger, one product would be sufficient. Most people buy the GTS Black + App.
However, we have applications for thousands of car models and sell our products to 135 countries. We sell more that 100,000 products per year and for us it makes a lot of sense to have different hardware versions. In the US, many aftermarket companies just focus on one car manufacturer. However, we are experts in electronic power enhancement via additional control unit. This means we focus on the technology and are real experts in what we are doing (we are a team of 100 doing nothing else than developing this technology further and distributing it). Besides the software, the hardware is also very important. The GTS Black consists of more than 350 components. One of these components is an ARM Cortex processor capable of gathering and optimizing data from the engine sensors via up to seven analogue and digital channels in parallel. This enables us to have a sophisticated software instead of just adding x psi.

Testing:
Since we tuned so many engines we know very well what we are doing. The Kia Stinger GT is built for much more than 365 HP. More information: https://press.racechip.us/kia-stinger-gt-performance-tuning/
Only the spark plugs are of poor quality, so we recommend exchanging them with performance aftermarket spark plugs (You'll find tons of threads in the forums about the spark plugs). I am honest, it took us some time until we decided to do so. (They were running great with German fuel quality, but they do not with US fuel). This is the first engine we are tuning that requires this.
If you want 0 risk, you should not tune your car at all, because there is never 100% certainty. However, we claim to offer ?safe? tuning, because we only optimize within the power reserves off the engine. We do not remove any engine protection mechanisms of the manufacturer (some tuners do so) or automatically delete error codes (some tuners did so).

Bittesch?n, and have a nice day, too!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Update:

I cleared the code, and did a test drive. No problems.

I installed the harness and the plug in the harness (no chip). No problems.

I installed the chip and ran with it off. No problems.

I ran econ mode then sport mode. No problems.

So,no problems. I'll put 100 miles on it tomorrow in sport mode and see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your detailed update. I'll discuss this with our engineers!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Thank you very much for your detailed update. I'll discuss this with our engineers!
I discussed this with our engineers this morning and there is no explanation how the chip could have any effect on the evaporator. So, there is no need to adapt your software.
If this CEL appears again, I would let your Kia dealer take a look at it. It's not unusual that new car model generations have a few small issues at the beginning...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Any updates with the hks plugs? I'm putting mine in Thursday. People running other chips are saying just gap the oem plugs and that the hks will foul out.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Any updates with the hks plugs? I'm putting mine in Thursday. People running other chips are saying just gap the oem plugs and that the hks will foul out.
I?ve been running the m45iL?s for a couple of weeks now and they have made a huge difference

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
I?ve been running the m45iL?s for a couple of weeks now and they have made a huge difference
Can you elaborate on what kind of difference they?ve made?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Can you elaborate on what kind of difference they?ve made?
No spark plug blowout the car seems to pull better and the turbo lag is much better

I was having issues with the stock gapped plugs run 94 octane but now problem solved- so far

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No spark plug blowout the car seems to pull better and the turbo lag is much better

I was having issues with the stock gapped plugs run 94 octane but now problem solved- so far
[MENTION=198]JonYYZ[/MENTION], your stock plugs were factory, right? You didn't regap them?

I'm thinking that the regap of the factory plugs will give a similar experience in improved driving dynamics.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
[MENTION=198]JonYYZ[/MENTION], your stock plugs were factory, right? You didn't regap them?

I'm thinking that the regap of the factory plugs will give a similar experience in improved driving dynamics.
Correct not regapped

One was cracked so I opted to change them

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Correct not regapped

One was cracked so I opted to change them
Okay. I know that a wide gap on ANY plug will stress the electrode and the casing. Someone will have done it by this time but when I get mine this fall, I'm going to regap my factory plugs and run it that way first to see how they hold up.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the update. Wonder if I'll have any problem with 91 octane? There is a 100 race fuel close to work but I think that'll cause more problems.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I got my hks plugs in and boy what a difference. I have it on race mode and she's an animal! I requested to have the aggressive setting on "race", is that ok for 91oct?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
So, you put new factory plugs in?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Yep.. when I ordered them, RaceChip had stated that aftermarket plugs weren?t necessary and I couldn?t justify the cost of HKS if there was no need. At the same time, I had no idea what condition my stock plugs were in and I didn?t want to pull them to regap only to find that they were unusable. Taking the intake manifold off was a special kind of asspain that I would rather not endure again for a while, but maybe in 15k miles I?ll swap for the HKS.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Update:

I cleared the code, and did a test drive. No problems.

I installed the harness and the plug in the harness (no chip). No problems.

I installed the chip and ran with it off. No problems.

I ran econ mode then sport mode. No problems.

So,no problems. I'll put 100 miles on it tomorrow in sport mode and see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So another update, hopefully I might help someone else that encounters this. The P0455 code came back two more times and I just cleared them while telling myself that I know I missed something somewhere when I did the plugs...

Well I looked and looked with no luck and then today I finally saw this:

IMG_20180609_120819.jpg

It was a PITA to reconnect but I got it, hopefully that was it (I can't imagine another reason) and hopefully this helps someone else. Funny thing is that I don't even remember taking that connection apart!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hahahaha... Love having extra screws left after an engine job! Spares are great to have! ;-)