Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Soon to be new owner: 2022 G70 Sport Prestige 3.3T AWD in Siberan Ice...

Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 G70 Sport Prestige
Greetings from north Texas, y'all. Current ride is an '18 Stinger GT2 RWD in HiChroma Red that I picked up 2.5 years ago as a CPO car. Absolutely love the low end grunt that the 3.3T gives you (peak torque hits at around 1500RPM), the looks and just the overall driving experience in general.

But there are a few shortcomings that kind of nag at me, the biggest one being that Kia cheaped out on the rear suspension compared to Genesis, and also that Kia absolutely does not offer a factory limited slip option, period.

Those are my biggest gripes. The minor ones are mostly around Kia's decision to de-content even the top of the line GT2 models for '18 by leaving out a bunch of minor, but very useful features, like the 360 degree rear view, the wireless phone charger, remote start, and the like.

That, and the fact that Texas Kia dealers, whether intentionally or just by luck of the draw in what Kia USA allocates to them, do not have AWD V6 packages unless you want to special order and wait 3-6 months. I test drove a 2021 demo car at the Genesis dealer in town (Genesis of Denton) and they had 2 V6 AWD Sport Prestige cars scheduled for delivery in January, in Alta White and Siberian Ice, and the Alta White already had a deposit on it, so I put a deposit on the Siberian Ice, and am waiting (im)patiently for January to get here.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, looking forward to seeing some pictures of it...